“My philosophy is that the kids are the stars of the show, not me.” – Jim
Jim Cosgrove has been rockin’ families for more than two decades. Affectionately nicknamed “Mr. Stinky Feet” by his young fans following the release of his 1999 hit song, Jim is a cool favorite on the concert tour circuit. He has performed more than 4,000 high-energy, interactive shows throughout North America and Europe, including two performances at The White House Easter Egg Roll.
Jim credits his family for helping him maintain the stamina throughout his career. His wife, Jeni books the shows and manages the business. Their two daughters occasionally appear with him on stage and double as his road crew. Jim and Jeni co-founded Jiggle Jam, the nation’s largest independent family music festival from 2007-2013.
In addition to entertaining families and children, Jim is a motivational speaker who energizes educators and corporate audiences on topics that include creativity, communication, and creating a joy-filled life.
Jim is the author of “Everybody Gets Stinky Feet,” a collection of 32 essays from his time as a parenting columnist for The Kansas City Star.
B.A. Journalism, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI
M.A. English; University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM
Woody Guthrie; Pete Seger; Peter, Paul, & Mary; Joni Mitchell; John McCutcheon; Jimmy Buffett; and scads of singing nuns throughout 17 years of Catholic education.
- Bop Bop Dinosaur (1998 – re-released 2005)
- Stinky Feet (1999 – re-released 2002)
- Ooey Gooey (2000)
- Stinky Feet Live! (DVD – 2001)
- Pick Me! Pick Me! (2003)
- Mr. Stinky Feet’s Christmas (2003)
- Mr. Stinky Feet’s Road Trip (2005)
- Mr. Stinky Feet’s Road Trip Live (DVD – 2007)
- Upside Down (2008)
- Swimming In Noodles (2010)
- Toe Jams: Mr. Stinky Feet’s Greatest Hits (2018)
- Two Gold NAPPAs – National Parenting Publication Awards
- Seven Parents’ Choice Awards
- Parent-to-Parent Adding Wisdom Award – awarded to entire catalog
- Kids Radio Mania Award
- “Favorite Entertainer” – Kansas City Parent Magazine