“My philosophy is that the kids are the stars of the show, not me.” – Jim
Jim Cosgrove has been rockin’ families for nearly two decades. Affectionately nicknamed “Mr. Stinky Feet” by his young fans following the release of his 1999 hit song, Jim is a cool favorite on the concert tour circuit. His high-energy, interactive shows have delighted audiences throughout North America and Europe, including two performances at The White House.
Jim credits his family for helping him maintain the stamina to perform well over 3,500 shows throughout his career. His wife, Jeni books the shows and manages the business. Their daughters occasionally appear with him on stage and double as his road crew. Jim and Jeni co-founded Jiggle Jam, the nation’s largest independent family music festival from 2007-2013.
In addition to entertaining families and children, Jim is a motivational speaker who energizes educators and corporate audiences on topics that include creativity, communication, and creating a joy-filled life.
Jim is the author of “Everybody Gets Stinky Feet,” a collection of 32 essays from his time as a parenting columnist for The Kansas City Star.
B.A. Journalism, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI
M.A. English; University of New Mexico
Woody Guthrie; Pete Seger; Peter, Paul, & Mary; Joni Mitchell; John McCutcheon; Jimmy Buffett; and scads of singing nuns throughout 17 years of Catholic education.
- Bop Bop Dinosaur (1998 – re-released 2005)
- Stinky Feet (1999 – re-released 2002)
- Ooey Gooey (2000)
- Stinky Feet Live! (DVD – 2001)
- Pick Me! Pick Me! (2003)
- Mr. Stinky Feet’s Christmas (2003)
- Mr. Stinky Feet’s Road Trip (2005)
- Mr. Stinky Feet’s Road Trip Live (DVD – 2007)
- Upside Down (2008)
- Swimming In Noodles (2010)
- Two Gold National Parenting Publication Awards
- Seven Parents’ Choice Awards
- Parent-to-Parent Adding Wisdom Award – awarded to entire catalog
- Kids Radio Mania Award
- “Favorite Entertainer” – Kansas City Parent Magazine